Re: Europa-List: Replacing nose wheel suspension bungee with springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Replacing nose wheel suspension bungee with springs
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:44:15

I changed from bungee to springs years ago. I have had no problems at all.

Kevin Challis
G ODJG

> On 10 Feb 2017, at 09:18, carlp101 <cparkinson@cisc-uk.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> My Europa is currently fitted with bungee cord on the nose wheel suspension,
but I also have the springs from Europa to replace it. Has anyone fitted the
springs?
Do they do a good job?

> I'm concerned that the springs concentrate the forces at two points on the
> nose
wheel frame rather than spreading it out as the bungee does. I'm wondering
if it's probably better to stick with what I already have fitted.