Re: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 19:32:13

Skydemon does it all. Easy, quick and inexpensive.

Kevin Challis

> On 9 Feb 2017, at 19:07, Paul M 383 <europaul383@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello Carl,
>
> A couple of other things you might like to consider...
>
> You won't hear the same Services Outside Controlled Airspace that you do in
> the
UK (no Basic, Traffic, Deconfliction or Procedural) but if you remember the
old system, a Flight Information Service is probably what you'd be most likely
to want/need (maybe Radar Information).

> http://airspacesafety.com/atsocas/
>
> You can file a FPL online using AFPEx, but it uses Java, so won't work on a
> Mac.
You have to register (need your Licence number etc) and this takes a week
or so to turn round - allow time!

> https://ts1.flightplanningonline.co.uk/applyingForAnAccount.html
>
> The 24 hr Helpdesk  is excellent:
>
> http://www.myafpex.co.uk/feedback.php
>
> I'm happy to talk you through setting up some favourite "here's one I made
> earlier"
FPLs, so you just choose one off your list, change the date, check & send.

> I've attached a simple guide (which I found on a Flyer Forum) - it's pretty
> good,
although the sample GAR is out of date.