Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 13:14:04

Hello Carl,

well, I'm not exactly an expert in flying abroad, although I've done it a few
times.

As for your questions:

RT procedures are essentially the same in France, Belgium and Germany. All speak
perfect English (okay, not as perfect as you of course :-) You won't hear "pass
your message" when they reply like in the UK. Generally you'll get the new
frequency on handover to the next station, if you don't have it already dialled
in your radio. Just log in with Lille Information, Brussels Information, Langen
Information.

You don't need to clear customs, but only immigrations when entering the EU from
the UK AFAIK. You don't even need to land on an international Airport to do
so, although that might make things easier. If you need to refuel anyway, Calais
might be a good stop for you. From there you can cross borders freely within
Schengen states like France, Belgium, Germany.... If you are planning to fly
to Bad Drkheim nonstop, I can check for you, if you can clear immigration there.

You need to file a flight plan for international flights. When you've landed,
you
have to close the plan with the appropriate AIS (often AFIS offers this service
on request, but in Bad Drkheim I can do this for you of course. When you
fly back to the UK, you have to file the GAR of course.

Keep asking questions and I'll answer them - if I can :-)

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914