Europa-List: top cowl carb air inlet

Subject: Europa-List: top cowl carb air inlet
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 20:22:03

Ive bought Neville Eyres cowl set and I am wondering how to get the air into the
cowling to the plenum chamber for the carbs.

The Europa manual describes making a NACA duct on the top cowl to connect to the
plenum chamber, at a marked position. If I understand the manual correctly,
it appears that a buck or splash moulding is supplied with the factory cowl set.
It is pushed through the cowl from the outside and the duct is laid up inside
the cowl against the splash moulding.

Neville has not supplied anything to make the NACA duct for the plenum chamber.
Obviously I can work out the position on the cowl from careful measurement of
the plenum relative to the firewall, but I dont have any information or pattern
for the shape and size of the NACA duct.

Does anyone have one of these splash mouldings from the factory that I could
borrow,
please? I dont need it right now, but want to make sure I have some way
of dealing with this problem when I come to it.

Or, if Im not understanding how the NACA duct is made, can someone please
explain
it to me!

in friendship

Rowland