Europa-List: Re: Fuselage luggage bay "D" panel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuselage luggage bay "D" panel
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 08:30:24

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but I had to go to the hangar
yesterday
to take a picture.  I thought I had some pictures when I did the work.
I think I did the cut during the first condition inspection.  I found I just
could not get into the back to check things out.

I made the cut straight down from the "D" (F08) spacer or hat rack. If you look
closely at the picture you can see the cut between the "D" spacer and the bottom
panel  Then straight across the baggage then up to the "D" spacer.  I made
the bottom cut 1 inch above the curve section on the bottom.  I then re-enforce
the panel with three layers of 2" fiber-glass tape with 1 inch on the outside
of the cut.  I laid the panel flat and let the resin dry then installed
nutplates
along the backside and the bottom of the cut.

I later found the bottom flange cracked out because of my weight during the
inspection.
I had to go back and re-enforce this section.  I then had to use a 1
inch pad or board to keep from lying on the flange.

If I did the work again I'd cut the curve so it would be flat and the screws and
nut plates would be on the bottom of the floor and nothing would be sticking
up.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_1885_158.jpg