Re: Europa-List: Tri Gear Main Wheels

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri Gear Main Wheels
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 21:33:40
Keiv,

Go to ACS or one of the wheel/brake manufacturers (MATCO, etc.) and
obtain suitable spacers.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com <mailto:rlborger@mac.com>

> On Oct 30, 2015, at 6:53 PM, Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz> wrote:
>

> Hi All
>
> Just fitted the Tri Gear main wheels to the main gear legs for the
first time.
> However, the slotted main axle nut spins on so far that it is
completely clear of the pre-drilled split pin hole. Picture attached.

> Anyone else have this problem?
>
> I assume the answer is to drill a new hole for the split pin but how
easy will that be in the hardened steel axle.
> I have a pillar drill and some cobalt drills but have experienced
problems with hardened steel before.