Europa-List: Re: Choice of circuit breaker, where to install radio modul

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Choice of circuit breaker, where to install radio modules?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:19:45

As an ex UK MOD avionic/electronics apprentice, I used Raychem wire, 18AWG for
power and 22AWG for signal (farmel 134-892)
I used white wire with small plastic coloured/numbered sleeves on the ends for
identification.
I used reasonable quality (gold turned pin) solder D connectors with sleeves on
the terminals to go through the bulkheads and connect the dash to other wiring
but in retrospect crimped would have been better.
Where possible I used crimped ring terminals (the best quality I could afford)
and made a 'quiet' and 'noisy' grounds and power using brass studs star points
in the dash with very thick short wires through to the battery.
I tie wrapped or laced the wires to form looms.

I managed to get hold of some similarly insulated screened signal wire (4 wire)
for sensitive bits like mic cables.

I the breakers I used were standard industrial thermal magnetic pop out/reset
types.

I can't see a problem with where you intend to mount the radio. I think I would
probably be more concerned with the routing of the mic wires than the loss in
the feed to the antenna though. I sort to keep those short but then I used the
Funkwerk integrated units.

Surprised you want to move weight back. Mine would probably benefit from weight
being moved forward - seems to fly better 2 up.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W
Newby: 200 hours 4 years on the Mono
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: