Europa-List: Choice of circuit breaker, where to install radio modules?

Subject: Europa-List: Choice of circuit breaker, where to install radio modules?
From: JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 08:47:50

Hello to all,
I am planning to upgrade my avionics panel this winter using a Trig TY 91 radio
and a Trig TT 21 transponder.
I am thinking of changing the circuit breakers (Europa square type 1, 3 and 5
amp).
Can anyone recommend a make and model that is well suited to the application?
It will probably be necessary to rewire the entire panel or at least part of it,
any advice on wire types/section and method of attaching wires, crimping as
opposed to soldering would be welcome.

My present thinking is to install both power/transmitter modules behind the rear
baggage bay bulkhead to reduce coaxial transmitter cable length to a minimum,
free up space behind the panel and move some weight rearwards so I can install
a Li-Po battery in the engine compartment replacing the "heavy one" behind
said bulkhead.
Has anyone already done something similar or are there reasons not to install
this
way?
Any constructive advice/criticism welcome.

Regards,
John

--------
Europa mono Nr 192