Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914-UL

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914-UL
From: flyingphil2 <flyingphil627europastuff@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 03:13:53

Thanks for all the replies on this subject.

I must admit that I was wary of the additional complexity of operation and
maintenance
but it doesn't sound like that's a problem.
I almost purchased a flying mono a few years ago that had a 914 but didn't for
the very reason that it had a 914.  Wish I had now .... it was a good one.

Anyway, I've recently flown behind a 914 and all of the numbers in your replies
stack up.  The initial climb with turbo certainly leaves a smile on your face
and I also found that a perfectly safe take off could be achieved without using
the extra power.

Thanks,

Phil

Read this topic online here: