Re: Europa-List: Re: Germany; places accessible from the UK

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Germany; places accessible from the UK
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 22:41:13

Graeme,

Once you have cleared customs in a Shengen country, which is most of Europe
except
the UK and Switzerland I believe, then you are free to go on to other Shengen
countries without involving customs.

When you go from one country to another you should file a flight plan.

To enter Belgian airspace you should have permission, which cost around 70 for
3 months I believe. Lots of people have taken a chance and not got permission
(including me) but equally I have heard of others who have been caught and
fined.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY

> On 4 Aug 2015, at 21:22, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Thanks, for the responses, they both look interesting and possible, I had
> already
plotted a route down to the Black Forest. I take it that in general its likely
that I can get a routing through class C and D airspace?

> Am I right in assuming if I use Customs in France I don't need a customs
> airport
in Germany?
> Do I still need a flight plan to cross between France and Germany.
>
> Just for reference, will Belgium let me overfly their country without express
permission; they seemed ok about me tracking the coast over land to Holland?