Re: Europa-List: Compressing Rubber Mounts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Compressing Rubber Mounts
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:11:37

Martin, A couple of those long adjustable clamps that carpenters use for
compressing things like joints on chairs, did the job for me. Regards,
David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2015-04-19 23:22, Martin Tuck wrote:

> I'm busy rehanging the engine with fresh rubber mounts.
>
> Is there an easier way of compressing the rubber mounts such that you can get
the threads of each bolt to show through enough to put the washers and nut on?

> When I installed the engine first time round I seem to remember struggling
> with
some kind of clamp but I can't remember what I did now. I figured this must
be a common problem so perhaps I've missed a trick.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Martin Tuck

Links: