Europa-List: Re: Monowheel undercarriage 'up' stop?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel undercarriage 'up' stop?
From: Alfred Buess <ykibuess@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:52:13

Hi Clive,
Here are three additional pictures showing the aluminium bracket and the wheel
tube on the brake side of the wheel. The bracket is bolted to the tunnel
structure
that was reinforced with some BID. I made the up stop mainly to prevent the
wheel from getting stuck in the tunnel (hitting the brake master cylinder)
when being retracted in a snappy way. I am not sure if it is strong enough to
hold the wheel in case of a wheels up landing.
Regards, Alfred

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/radstopp3_web_133.jpg