Europa-List: Roll pin coming out of LG08S + bungee

Subject: Europa-List: Roll pin coming out of LG08S + bungee
From: John Archer <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 11:21:47
Hello,
While changing the shock absorber on my mono wheel I noticed that the 6 mm
roll pin that actuates the flaps and outriggers via LG08S had worked it's
way out of it's hole by about 15 mm (see build manual 21 M-4). I was able
to get a G clamp across the flange and push it back into position and it is
a good fit with no play.
I would however, like to ensure that this doesn't happen again.  As the pin
is hollow I was thinking of putting a 3 mm bolt through the pin with Nyloc
nuts and washers at each end. Would this be acceptable and has anyone else
had this problem?

Changing the shock absorber increased prop clearance by 80 mm as the old
"red"  one had become "squashed" over time. I had to use clamps to assist
putting the M8 bolts and getting down to 79 MM between plates, this has
made the suspension much harder than previously.  I will have a completely
different aircraft to fly next time out!

On another subject, how much of what diameter bungee is required for the
mono wheel retraction system and above all, how do you go about replacing
it?

Regards

John
Mono 192