Europa-List: MGL FF Meter with 2 Floscan Senders

Subject: Europa-List: MGL FF Meter with 2 Floscan Senders
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 16:02:12

Hi All.
I have just fitted am MGL FF meter to my 914.
My senders are Floscan  and the K factor is given as 8456.
On test it ask for say 10 litres to top up, but I can only get say 8 in before
it starts over spilling.
I have upped and downed this k factor but still get the same problem.
The flow sender has the same K factor as the return sender, and the return
sender
is measuring what's left after the engine has had its share.
My question : is a K factor of any value if you are using a flow and return
sender.????
The flow1 sender is minus the return 2 sender, which gives the fuel used.
I want a higher reading, on the return sender showing an increased burn,
so I can get the extra 2 litres in the tank. That's not right,!!!! won't work.

I want sender 1 minus sender 2 to equal the actual fuel needed to refill.
Anybody MGL, Floscan x 2 and a 914
Alan

Read this topic online here: