Re: Europa-List: Re: In flight noticed the rear door pin out -horror

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: In flight noticed the rear door pin out -horror
From: stephan cassel <stephan.cassel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 10:09:15
Hi Europa Friends

This topic has been discussed many times and rightly so.
I guess it due the fact that our planes are slightly different built.

I recall that when I first installed the sealing round the doors it was a
very tight fit (too tight)
It was not possible, or very hard, to lock the door. I then order new
sealing, very much the same
but with a slightly softer rubber and 2mm less in diameter.

That was the trick for me. The door is now very easy to close with one hand
.
When I close my door I always look at the door=C2=B4s lower part. It is ver
easy to observer that the
door advances inward while locking the door.
I do have switches/LED that tells me if it is not locked but I think it is
necessary to have this check
as part of the preflight drill.

I think hard and to much sealing can be addressed for some pin out
problems. "Mercedes-door"
feeling is absolute a contributing factor to minimize the pin out problem.

Best regards
Stephan Cassel
LN-STE Mono > 500 hours. What a wonderful plane it is.