Re: Europa-List: Dimension Requested for Trim Tab Link Rod Fork insert

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dimension Requested for Trim Tab Link Rod Fork insert
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 12:46:29
Hi Craig,
If you shorten the link rod, don=92t you change the geometry of the tab
displacement? I know Bob Harrison did a similar thing, and he hasn=92t
had any problems with the consequence. I will have to take a closer
look, as it is an intricate mechanism, and I take my hat off to Ivan and
co for designing it. How you do that makes me envious. I might get
another link rod and experiment. Scott from Ray Allen is very helpful,
so if I stuff it up I=92m sure he will come to the rescue
Thanks for replying.
Regards
Tony Renshaw

On 27 Jul 2014, at 11:47 am, craig <craigb@onthenet.com.au> wrote:

> Tony, have a look at the link rod between the servo and the bell crank
> I had a long hard look at it and ended up shortening that link rod
about 2mm, trimming the plastic will fix the issue, mine only needed
about 2mm total to gain
> The required clearance, I filed a bit off each one and problem solved,
prior to that 2mm it would foul