Re: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:17:18
jim.davis wrote:

> here is a pic of the front hinge ,its very thin but i am no expert ,i
wonder if this did fail would the door coming  off not damage the holes
that the lock bars go into as the door ripped away as it took one hell
of a chunk from the fuselage

Jim=85and was that =93chunk from the fuselage=94 adjacent to the front
shoot bolt receptacle or the rear one? If we can assume that take off
did not occur with NEITHER shoot bolts engaged, I would think therein
lies the answer to whether or not the loss of door was initiated by
improper engagement of one or the other shoot bolts=85

In any event, you have my sympathies,

Fred