RE: Europa-List: Ducati rectifier/regulators ... a different perspective

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ducati rectifier/regulators ... a different perspective
From: Max Cointe Free <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:00:27
Nigel,

I wasn=92t able to find an English version of the S-H website, is there
any
and where your comments on Ducati=92s comes from?

Max  Cointe
 <mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mcointe@free.fr
F-PMLH Europa XS_TriGear
Kit #560-2003 912ULS/AirmasterAP332 490 hours

F-PLDJ Dyn=92A=E9ro MCR 4S
Kit #27-2002 912ULSFR/MTProp MTV7A 1600 heures

De : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] De la part de
nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk
Envoy=E9 : mercredi 22 janvier 2014 11:26
=C0 : europa-list@matronics.com
Objet : Re: Europa-List: Ducati rectifier/regulators ... a different
perspective

David, My feeling is that the Ducati RR is under-designed for its task
and
it is really a matter of where you site it under the cowl, that decides
it's
fate. By good planning or just good luck, yours seems to cool well and
thus
survives. If the Silent Hektik website is to be believed (see below),
the
Ducati RR is being over-driven.

Nigel

The Ducati controller
The original controller supplied by Ducati Energia is equipped with
semiconductors , which allow a brief loading of 25A at 14V .
Continuous loading of the semiconductor is limited under standard
conditions
at 25 =B0 C to around 17A. but since the alternator can deliver up to
20A, the
original controller is overloaded even under optimal conditions. This
results in frequent failures.