Re: Europa-List: Mcmaster Carr - no longer shipping to 'new' customers?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mcmaster Carr - no longer shipping to 'new' customers?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:37:00
Thanks Karl and Bob for the offer - much appreciated!

I think I have found the stuff locally so no need to pursue it further right
 now,  but they have everything in one spot - it would make it much easier :
-)

I was really surprised to get a terse email from them after submitting my on
line order (with full cc info).

Thanks again!
Pete

On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:19 PM, Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> I used to get some parts from them, but when I tried again about a couple o
f years ago, I was informed that they no longer
> accept non-US credit cards and only ship t a US address. I have an address
 but not the card. A number of other companies have the same ruling. No reas
on was given, but it probably has to do with security. You may remember that
 certain politicians and media people claimed that the 9/11 hijackers came f
rom Canada.
> If Bob can get the items for you, then that would be one good solution. Bu
d helped me out in one case.
> I now use Myus.com as a mailing service.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Karl
>

> From: peterz@zutrasoft.com
> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:47:49 -0500
> Subject: Europa-List: Mcmaster Carr - no longer shipping to 'new' customer
s?
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>
> If anyone else on the list has tried to order from them, I'm just wonderin
g if anyone else has received this reply?

=========
=========
=========
=========