Europa-List: Grounding & Fuelling

Subject: Europa-List: Grounding & Fuelling
From: f.kyle@sympatico.ca
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:26:42
Bud,

            Thanks for clarifying your rules for fuelling - vital review!

            I have a question related to same. My Europa has a 2inch
aluminium fuelling inlet ('cobra' I think is a term), all the way from the
fuelling cap to the tank inlet. I want to ground the aircraft for fuelling
of course and the other components, but am not sure if there isn't a
grounding route already established.

            Can I install a grounding bib on the outside of the fuselage,
well away from but electrically connected to the 2inch tube in addition to
any previous route? Would there be a static disparity twixt that and the
aircraft ground structure?

            Cheers, Ferg