Europa-List: Re: Heavy Landing on Tri Gear.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Heavy Landing on Tri Gear.
From: phillik747 <helperpsp@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:31:05

After reading this post I went to my Europa, which is in the middle of a
tri-gear
conversion, and took some pictures of the belly in the area shown in your photos
and was a little surprised.  I used a light, put in the hole for the spar,
and shined it down and back towards the landing gear layups.  What I noticed
is there is an 1/4 of an area that isn't as reinforced as the rest of the 10"
circle around the LG hole.

This may be the reason for the buckle/dent in the skin. I also have not put the
bottom layup on the belly yet but noticed that the skin can dent inwards with
little pressure.

[IMG]http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=100701&g2_serialNumber=2[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=100704&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]

Read this topic online here: