Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:46:44

Frans,

My own experience with vapor lock was nerve wracking. After fighting it
for months, I finally figured it out. The carb bowls were getting hot.

Check your exhaust for a good seal and build a baffle to fit behind and
inside on the rear exhaust down tubes.  These will deflect the hot air
away from the carbs.  I also fire sleeved all exposed fuel lines, under
the cowl.  Worked for me.  Zero problems since.

Jeff - Baby Blue