RE: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:45:40

Hi Frans=2C
I have been following your developments with great interest and I think tha
t the end result is just plain amazing. Your Europa must be the slickest an
d fastest in this Universe.Now=2C top speed is very useful for testing drag
 improvements=2C but you don't cruise at those speeds=2C do you ? When you
are touring=2C what are your preferred settings regarding speed=2C MP=2C rp
m etc.=2C and exactly what is your fuel consumption then.If the rest of us
mortals wanted to implement some of your changes without too much expense
=2C what would you recommend ? Speed isn't all that important to me=2C but
improvements in cooling and under-cowl temperatures would be very beneficia
l. What is the part number for the heat exchanger and exactly where did you
 install it ?I recently had a look at a CT with 912s. It has a very neat fw
f package. I noticed that it also has larger rads back-to-back=2C tucked in
 under its belly ahead of the exhaust=2C but at an angle of 45 degrees. I a
lso noticed an oil thermostat=2C and a pulsation damper on top of the engin
e for the fuel flow gauge (I could never get that to work on my engine). It
 had 800 hours on it but still looked brand new. It also had a very small (
8AH?) battery.

Karl