Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 starting problems when hot

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 starting problems when hot
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:14:08

On 03/14/2012 03:11 AM, Dean Seitz wrote:

> I have asked when down at Lockwood and all they would
> say is the carbs need to be rebuilt. If this is the case it was sold
> to me new with bad carbs since it has done it from day one.

Same here. It has always done that. And with only 150 hours on the clock
I think the carbs are still pretty new.

> In the
> meantime I an making my own fuel injection system for it.

Great, I'm working on plans to do the same. You are also using the carbs
as throttle body (and for redundancy in case the injection fails?)

> I hope to make it
> available when it is finished for under $4000.00

Are you working on it as a commercial project or is this a fun project
we can openly discuss? If it is the latter I would love to know where
and how you obtained adapted manifolds with injector bosses.

> It will still be a
> while before all the desiging and testing will be completed though.

I bet! But it is worth the effort, I estimate a fuel reduction of 10%
and a slight increase of power. With the current fuel prices the system
will earn itself back.

> Be nice if someone could figure the flooding problem out in the
> meantime

What do you think about my theory?

Frans