RE: Europa-List: Viking Aircraft engine

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Viking Aircraft engine
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 07:27:05

Yes I too looked at this option but as garry points out, and without knowing
Eggenfelner, I saw a lot of negative stuff on the web and also you see quite
a few of his engines for sale...being changed out for something else.  This
generates a significant degree of caution in me at least.  He might well
have got it right this time.

I think the base Honda fit engine is a very interesting powerplant and the
volume and quality control is unlikely to have the manufacturing problems
that the aviation manufacturers have like dodgy cranks but I am personally
am not up for the experimentation process required to get it flying.

There was a chap flying in Canada whose name escapes me with a Honda/CAM100.

Will