Re: SV: Europa-List: lower cowl opening for 914 only?

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: lower cowl opening for 914 only?
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:22:29

I had exactly the same experoence. Cut out the opening, discovered I didn't need
to then patched it up with epoxy/bid and filled and faired it. After a short
while running, the heat from the exhaust made the patch turn brown and some
blisters
appeared. I refilled the blisters and resprayed the patch then stuck some
aluminium foil over the patch inside the cowl to reflect the heat and haven't
had any further problems since.

Richard Iddon

G-RIXS