Re: Europa-List: Re: VP prop, good idea? which one?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: VP prop, good idea? which one?
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:47:22

On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:46 AM, graeme bird wrote:

> oh dear, searching back through the historical records I see I might
> have kicked a hornets nest. Just tell me about the benefits of the
> CS prop then rather than the comparison.

        While I generally keep my distance from hornets' nests, as I've been
in prop selection mode, I will pass on the notion that some FP prop
manufacturers tout their products ability to adjust pitch (to a
significant degree) in accordance w/ load and forward airspeed...i.e.,
their props take a thinner bite in slow speed/high power situations,
and a thicker bite at cruise speed and cruise power settings. I write
"to a significant degree", but do not intend to suggest that such a FP
prop would provide CS performance.

        My recent inquiry about who owns N108EA stems from my seeing it on
the Prince prop website gallery.

        Check out:

                http://princeaircraft.com/default.aspx and

http://www.neuform-propellers.com/index.php?f=1&lang=en&site=Propeller/Contact%20us

        My interest in a ground adjustable FP prop stems from cost
considerations, risk of prop strike during initial monowheel ops, and
personal lack of experience flying behind a CS prop (thus affecting
cockpit workload during initial flight tests).

Fred
A194