RE: Europa-List: SV: SV: Re: Some Trigear dimensions

Subject: RE: Europa-List: SV: SV: Re: Some Trigear dimensions
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 00:45:08

Roland=2C
I installed stainless steel eye bolts in the fuselage right behind the top
of the legs. Installation is very simple=2C i.e. an 8mm hole which also goe
s through the steel plate which is embedded in the layups. Then in the bagg
age compartment I placed a large washer and locknut over the bolt to make i
t very secure. Before winching the aircraft onto the trailer I tie a rope o
r whatever between the two eyes (they are circular not an open hook)=2C and
 attach the winch cable to it. I have used it many times without any sign o
f wear.I also use them as additional tiedown points=2C as well as the wheel
s without the spats.I vaguely remember Neville suggesting something like th
at a long time ago.
Cheers=2C
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: SV: SV: Re: Some Trigear dimensions
> From: schmidtroland@web.de
> Date: Sun=2C 6 Feb 2011 12:39:35 -0800
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Svein=2C
>
> comprehensible reasons for choosing the main-undercarriage. I will sugges
t the trailer-company to check this variant=2C although they also use some
kind of clamps.

> Since the G-BZTI doesn't have a tie down hook at its tail=2C pulling the
plane in front first might be a good option and since the trailer has to be
 adapted anyway=2C "changing the direction" might also be possible. Another
 advantage would be=2C that the tail fin doesn't come up=2C when entering t
he trailer on the ramps.