RE: Europa-List: Pre purchase inspection Livermore, CA

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Pre purchase inspection Livermore, CA
From: David DeFord <deford.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:06:22

Jordan,

This airplane was originally built in Canada and was bought several years
ago by Jack Acord, who has kept it at Livermore.  It has been hangared at
Attitude Aviation.  Rich Perkins is the owner of Attitude and is an
excellent test pilot, if you want someone to evaluate its flying
characteristics.  I'm sure that he would want to inspect it carefully
himself prior to flying it.

Another possibility is Aircrafters at Watsonville airport, which is less
than 30 minutes from Livermore (by air, of course).  They do builder
assistance on experimental aircraft as well as pre-purchase inspections,
maintenance, etc., with A&P mechanics on staff.  Check their website.

Kim Prout has inspected many Europas, but he lives farther away in the Los
Angeles area.

Terry Seaver and I built an XS monowheel and have been flying it out of
Livermore for almost 10 years and 650 flight hours.  You would be welcome to
look at our airplane (N135TD) for comparison, and we could go over N24070
with you, but you would have to be the final judge of what we discovered.
Though I have never examined it carefully myself, the airplane appears to
have been well built.

Dave DeFord
N135TD