Europa-List: Firewall penetration

Subject: Europa-List: Firewall penetration
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:37:55
Fred,
        You got the 'annointed word' from both experts so won't add much,
except to say i followed Bob Nuckolls' suggestion on the topic and bought a
16 inch  by 1-1/2 inch stainless steel towel rack, (I forget where, but a
bathroom equipment supplier), which I then sawed off both ends to make two
90deg bends with attached flat mount plates. Through one of them I threaded
fireproof tubing (with inside foreproof 'wool'), and then threaded whatever
through to the cockpit side. When the first one was full ( I didn't need the
second), I finished the connections and then stuffed the forward end with
the usual red fireproof goop - see elsewhere for details.
        This was well-treated as a topic on Bob's Aeroelectric connection
site. Sorry I'm nowhere near the sources for description, but hope you know
the way.
        good luck
Ferg
wiring wiring wiring