Re: Europa-List: Too high fuel pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Too high fuel pressure
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 02:39:45

 From your description I would still suspect the return line. Is there a
1-way valve in there?
A way to test it would be to connect the forward line (from the pumps)
directly to the return line using a T-piece with the differential
pressure measurement moved to between the 3rd leg of the T and the
airbox. Run a pump, then both pumps, and see the lowest differential
pressure the regulator can be expected to provide. If it is over 5 psi
it is out of Rotax spec and the return line needs repair.
It could be a very improvised connection - it should only have to deal
with a gauge pressure of 5 psi.
On the other hand, with a completely closed return line a pump delivers
1.8  bar (26 psi). And both in series 3.6 bar (53 psi).
In that case you can make it a very short test.
At zero pressure the pumps are rated to supply 120 l/h. I have heard
that the pumps tend to get better with use. Maybe the improvement to
your current 160 l/h is making it apparent that the return line is too
restrictive.

Regards,
Jan de Jong