Re: Europa-List: Spares for NSI Subaru EA81 Engine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spares for NSI Subaru EA81 Engine
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:55:33

On Sep 10, 2010, at 4:28 AM, Bob Panther wrote:

> A group of us in the UK  are (were?) thinking about buying a Europa
> with an NSI Subaru EA81 engine. However when we contacted Maxwell's
> about spares availability  I received  a response from Gwen Maxwell
> advising that they were no longer able to support NSI engines
> because all their NSI stock had been removed by the sherrif and sold
> on to a Mr Wheeler.
>
> The message ended
> " ..........................................Mr. Wheeler intends to
> open a new experimental aviation business and begin once again to
> support the aviation community."

Bob,

...several comments in response...I'd guess the "Mr. Wheeler" is the
gentleman who developed the Wheeler Express about 20 yrs. ago...the
first, I believe, 4 place composite kitplane...

I'm presently building an XS mono w/ a variant of the EA81 built by
RAM Performance, Ltd. I have no knowledge of the NSI engines per se
except that NSI produced some special mounts to adapt it to the
Europa. As to servicing and overhaul issues, Ron Carr @ RAM might be a
resource; he's located in the US and can be reached at:  info@ramengines.com

Glenn Crowder in Colorado flies a Classic fitted w/ an NSI engine
which Ron has modified; Ron's website is: http://www.ramengines.com/

Fred