Re: Europa-List: Stall spin characteristics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stall spin characteristics
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:47:24

Fred,

I don't remember exactly what I set the tire pressure, but I remember that it
was
at the low end of the recommended pressure.  It's set soft for hard surfaces.
If set hi on hard surfaces it bounces like a basket ball and is a real pain
to land.  If you are landing on turn, it's not too bad that way.  Still, i
prefer
soft tire on either surface.

The outrigger length is what was provided by the factory.  One outrigger is
about
an inch off the ground when the other is on the ground.  I have not had it
full loaded but is possible that both outriggers could be on the ground when
fully
loaded.

Yes, it rocks back and forth when taxiing but not very much.  The rocking is
affected
by turns and by wind.  The only time I find it disconcerting is on takeoff.
That can be fixed by making sure you have aileron into the wind when you
start to advance the throttle.  Just help pin the up-wind outrigger to the
ground
till airborne.

Hope this helps,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Aug 3, 2010, at 22:00, Fred Klein wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Robert Borger wrote:
>
>> If you are completing a Europa monowheel, get some dual from someone with
>> monowheel
experience.  It's a whole 'nother cat.

> Bob,
>
> ...jus curious...what is your tire pressure?...and, are your outrigger rod
> lengths
such that, when your plane sits on level pavement with fuel but nobody onboard,
your outrigger wheels touch the pavement?...or is there some side-to-side
rocking?