Re: Europa-List: Full Panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Full Panel
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:30:03

On 03/23/2010 11:53 PM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Gidday, I am all over the shop, to coin a phrase, but in the mean
> time I am trying to gather thoughts on a panel. Now I have seen Bob
> Borger's full width panel on EuropaOwners, and others, but am unsure
> if these have all been individually made, or whether Europa now sells
> them. There is a Tri Gear Instrument which I reckon still has the
> parcel shelf, and then there is a Blank Panel Full Depth Avionics
> Panel. I reckon neither of these are probably full "width" panels, so
> what I really want is some pictures somewhere of how guys have done
> this mod, or in fact whether someone sells a completed full "width"
> panel?

You might want to take a look at our build page,
www.privatepilots.nl/europa/building.htm
We have a full width panel, and made this ourselves.
It is just a matter of modelling. We built a frame from wood, and then
some layer of clay on top of it to model the glade shield.  A few layers
of bid over it, digg out all the stuff once it is cured, and presto, you
have an instrument panel.

Frans