Re: Europa-List: Re:Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re:Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning.
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:53:10
Europaphiles,

I'll have to add my tuppence in support of Europa.  Many businesses have
some sort of restocking fee associated with the return of expensive and
specialized products.  I can sympathize with FlyingPhil.  I lost over
=A310K in promised goods back when Europa went bust.  It all had to be
purchased again from the vendors, most of whom also lost big.  To say I
was p-o'd would be an understatement.  The treatment received by the
receiver company was crap to say the least.  That's in the past now.
The Stanbridge group has worked very hard to restore Europa and make a
going concern out of it.  New products, new development and, considering
the business climate these days, good support have been provided.   Cut
them some slack, as we say over here, and continue to support them so
they may continue to support us.

As for Graham's tail drive mod, I have it.  It installs easily and it
certainly does reduce the loads on the both the rudder hinges and the
tailwheel.  I would recommend it.  Just keep the cables to the tailwheel
tight!

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Mar 20, 2010, at 6:25, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:

> I too think we need to help Europa factory succeed. Those of you who
remember my tail wheel/ rudder drive mod which reverts to push rod drive
for the rudder will be pleased to note that the factory are now
supplying the mod kit. I strongly recommend this mod as it reduces the
loads on the rudder hinges and flanges.
> regards
> Graham

and the extreme competitiveness in the LSA and kitplane markets, I want
to support the new Europa company in every way I can. I am very grateful
that Dave Stanbridge, Roger, and John Wheeler were able to come to terms
in a manner which allowed the company to continue operations and
hopefully prosper in the future. The initiatives taken are just now
beginning to bear fruit, and I certainly support reasonable good
business practices. I recognise that sourcing parts and maintaining
inventories  is a constant challenge.

> I'm reminded of that old saw about how to make a small fortune in
general aviation...the answer of course being that you start with a
large fortune...challenging indeed!

> I save my wrath against the corporate world to slather on Wall
Streeters, Ponzi Schemers, and ...