Re: Europa-List: Lifting the Europa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lifting the Europa
From: Stephan Cassel <stephan@scassel.se>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:58:53
Hi Troy,

Another approach is the "mini dolly":

http://www.scassel.se/europa/dolly1.jpg
http://www.scassel.se/europa/dolly2.jpg   (aircraft level)

The dolly is attached on one of the strongest part of the fuselage, i.e.
where the cockpit-module, fuselage and firewall are bound together.

It is important to create/mould the support blocks on the fuselage in
order to fit perfect.

Between the support block and fuselage is quite hard rubber. Each
support block has 5 mm bolt through the fuselage, just in case.
After 5 years of use (also during the finishing of the kit ) the
fuselage has not moved a fraction of mm from the dolly.

The dolly should be made with full tank (max load) and a piece of wood
2" under the wheel, see picture otherwise you can not operate the
landing gear
properly in level, see pic

You also need a tail wheel support, see pic

I use my "mini-dolly" one every service. Even 50 hours service. I can
check flaps/landing gear/outrigger ++ very easy.

Please feel free if you need any offline info.

Best regards

Stephan Cassel
LN-STE 230 hours - third year