Europa-List: Brake Fluid Choice

Subject: Europa-List: Brake Fluid Choice
From: Steade <steade@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:49:57
Hi all

A bit more help needed

My trigear  (under construction) is fitted with the original factory
finger brake conversion.
An earlier post suggested these were from Jamer Performance and fitted
with Buna N seals.

The earlier post suggested that Dot 3,5,or 8 specification would be OK
but the present Jamer site only lists DOT 3 or 4.

The other brake parts (calipers and parking brake valve) seem to be from
Matco who only recommend Mil-H-5606 although DOT 5 has been suggested
elsewhere.

So I am a bit confused and any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards

David Steade