Europa-List: Cold starting 912S

Subject: Europa-List: Cold starting 912S
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:56:40
As I was the instigator of the cold starting thread, I am pleased to
report
that I seem to have solved the problem following suggestions made by
several
contributors.  I have fitted a start button in addition to the key
switch so
that I can now start on one mag. I also replaced my six year old gel
battery, even though it was still showing 12.5 volts, with a shiny new
Odyssey.  Now I turn the prop through a number of blades until the oil
gurgles then start on one mag. Engine starts instantly with no kick
back.

Thanks for all the feed back.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS