Europa-List: Monowheel tunnel dimensions?

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel tunnel dimensions?
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:16:10

Good evening,

I would like to ask a question regarding floor clearance in the (XS)
monowheel tunnel from the front of the tank back to the inboard bagage
bay supports.
How low does the flap drive rod go at most? How low does the flap cross
tube go at most?
My tentative estimate (after wielding the rod on the upside down cockpit
module and drawing lines on pictures) is 6 cm from the floor for the rod
and 4 cm from the floor for the cross tube - gear down / worst case.
I would be grateful for more knowledgable estimates from any of you who
have an installed monowheel flap drive.
I am hoping for at least 36 mm head room between the rudder cables.
But if you have other news that is ofcourse welcome too.

The reason I ask is that I am thinking of making a 5052-0 fuel tubing
harness - firewall to port bagage bay and intended for permanent
installation - while still having the cockpit module upside down. The
idea is to shape it now and put it in place later - the front section
glassed inside the wheel well under the break cylinder, the rear section
slid under the tunnel from the rear (with 2 clamp stands to be bonded to
the floor to immobilise). Three connections to be made in the fuel valve
area.

Thank you,
Jan de Jong