Re: Europa-List: Mono Inner Tyre Failures

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono Inner Tyre Failures
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 09:17:40

On Sep 20, 2009, at 5:10 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

> Over the past ten years I have extened the outriggers in length, to
> now when the plane is parked, both outriggers touch the ground. For
> me ground handling is much better, and in landing with the longer
> outriggers the "rocking from one outrigger to the other" is now gone.

Jim,

Have you made the outriggers longer incrementally over the years or in
one fell swoop?

Would you venture an opinion as to whether or not the shorter legs
were advantageous initially as you familiarized yourself w/ the mono?

Sounds like you've had excellent results w/ the smaller tire at higher
pressure on the hardsurface runways you use...thanks for putting your
oar in to this discussion.

Fred
A194 XS mono