RE: Europa-List: wing root fairings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wing root fairings
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:24:20
Hi! Fred /Craig
Take a look at my flap/wing fairings at www.crix.org.uk
<http://www.crix.org.uk/>  under "Bob Harrison G-PTAG"
Regards
Bob Harrison

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Fred Klein
Sent: 25 February 2009 16:08

On Feb 25, 2009, at 1:28 AM, craig bastin wrote:

I get the impression you are looking at cutting the top fairing and
fitting it to the flap,
just a suggestion, but would it not be easier to just have the flap come
up against the bottom of the
top fairings and sit in a "step" in the bottom fairing.

Craig,

Truly...suggestions and feedback are most welcome (as are critiques as
well!). I must admit I'd scratched my head a bit early on, thinking much
like you have...and no doubt your particular suggestion would be
doable...certainly for a trigear, and for a mono as well, as long as one
is not wedded to the standard monowheel trailer. The configuration shown
is designed to limit the amount of projection of that portion of the
fairing which is bonded to the fuselage so as not to conflict w/ the
wings when stowed on the trailer.

As i said great work and this is in no way a critisism of what you have
achieved so far, I simply offer
a suggestion that MAY make life easier come fitting etc.

It's certainly possible that an intrepid trigear builder may take the
moldings and do just what you've suggested.

I look forward to the flight test data from the trike
you mentioned.

...as do I...

Fred
A194