Re: Europa-List: wing root fairings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wing root fairings
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:16:11

On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:11 AM, Graham Singleton wrote:

> they look superb! I can't wait to hear what the performance gain is

Graham,

Thank you...I too will be interested to see what gains, if any, emerge
---From this endeavor.

Re: photos of a tufted G-KWIP, it certainly appears that with your
less elaborate flap-fairing, the air flow is pretty smooth...though I
see some indications that increasing the vertical radius of the fillet
could be beneficial. The photo w/ the flaps deployed is reassuring.

By any chance, was the stock airframe ever tufted and photographed?

I'd heard some time ago that the Club was pestering Justin Kennedy to
record some performance profiles w/ G-ZTED (classic)...his work on the
fuselage/wing intersection is also quite interesting and inspired me
to take it perhaps one step further. Any chance of getting some flight
data fro Justin?

Fred

--
believed to be clean.