RE: Europa-List: Alcoholic Mogas

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Alcoholic Mogas
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:33:46
In case you are not aware the ethanol will only stay in solution with the
petrol up to about 1% water saturation which in theory means your 70 litre
fuel tank could contain 1.7 litres of straight alcohol in the bottom of the
tank if it falls out of solution due to humidity etc. I doubt 1.7 litres
would be enough to do any damage but its worth thinking about.