RE: Europa-List: tank support layups

Subject: RE: Europa-List: tank support layups
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:45:21

>I recall that the tank needs to be as high as possible ( when
>viewed with the assembly in the "flying mode") This is to ensure that
>the wing spars do not conflict with the ledge of tank which runs across
>the width of the a/c.

Bob - thanks for that reminder. I think I can check it without
actually going to the bother of re-rigging the wings to the cockpit
module

>I don't understand your statement " flush with the bottom of the cockpit
>module"?  Do you mean "bottom" to mean the area which sits on the floor
>of the fuselage

Yes, I meant the part that will at the bottom when everything is right way up.

>the radius of
>the tank bottom does NOT sit on the fuselage it sits on more lay ups
>between it and the fuselage bottom

I don't see any references in the manual to any layups under the tank
(when it is right-way-up) apart from the t-section ones I've
mentioned. The drawing in the manual shows the bottom of the tank
fairly much in line with the bottom of the baggage bay and seat parts
of the cockpit module.

regards

Rowland