Re: Europa-List: LED landing lights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LED landing lights
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 03:32:34

Hi Chick

I took a look at JC Whitneys LEDs

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductBrowse?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2017635&productId
 17635&catalogId=10101

They look like the same Fog driving LEDs that Pep Boys sells. Pep
Boys sell them for 49.99 for pack of two.

I purchesed both the
round and rectangle LEDs to fool with and a Kitfox builder wanted the one
that looked more suitable, so I am going to return the round and send him
the rectangle.

I checked the rectangle one tonight and sure
enough it makes a lot of noise in a handheld vertex VXA-700. What is
making the noise is the regulator that drops battery voltage down to LED
voltage. The package I have has a button you can push and run one LED off
two button batteries that are supplied in package and radio is dead
silent.

Anyway you need to find a cleaner way to supply
voltage to the LEDs, don't use supplied regulators or clean them up.

I will put up a few pics in gallery in near future with.

Ron Parigoris