Re: Europa-List: Rotax additional alternator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax additional alternator
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:34:33

Another option is to put an alternator on the vacume pump pad, rear of the
gearbox. No cowling mod needed.
With the 914 electric fuel pumps, I feel better having two sources of
electric power generation. Without two sources, when the Ducati regulator
craps out, you are dependent on the battery alone to keep the fuel flowing
to the engine. I don't think I would be comfortable continuing the flight on
battery only, so a second source of power generation is my choice. Plus
there is lots of power for strobes and stuff.

Speaking of the Ducati regulator I understand it is good to keep it cool. I
mounted mine on the front of the passenger footwell inside the cold air
intake plenum.
Anyone else mount the regulator down there?

Kevin, 19 hours and having fun...