Re: Europa-List: How to best route wires to wing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How to best route wires to wing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:21:20

On Feb 8, 2009, at 1:01 AM, rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us wrote:

> Or I can mount power supply on the starboard baggage rib, easy to
> mount, easy to access and run high voltage wires on the bottom of
> the baggage shelf outboard next to the fuse and above the flap arm
> and make a very short run when it exits the front face of the
> baggage bay shelf and run out of fuse slightly above and slightly
> aft of the rear lift pin mounting pad. High voltage would be clear
> of antenna and battery cables. This is what I am kinda thinking at
> the moment.
>
> I think it can be done without jeopardizing the strength of the rear
> lift pin area in a meaningful way, but would feel a lot better if
> someone else has experience doing this and not having rear lift pin
> failure.

Ron,

By chance, I'm wrestling w/ the same issues, but I had not thought
about the strobes before zapping off my curt reply.

I will be penetrating the fuselage aft of the spar for my strobe
wires. My large radius wing root fairings will enable the hole to be
outside of the rear lift pin reinforcement, though even without them,
I don't think a hole of the size we're talking about will have any
structural ramifications (but of course I do NOT speak from direct
experience).

My power supply will also be in the stbd baggage bay.

Good Luck,

Fred

--
believed to be clean.