Re: Europa-List: outrigger leg broke

Subject: Re: Europa-List: outrigger leg broke
From: Kim Prout <kpaviat@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:29:39

Hi Kevin! Sorry about the outrigger leg. I had an incident where my broke on
landing, normal speed with no lateral force. Broke exactly where yours
did... Anyway I chalked it up to aging material and stress at the socket. I
had no damage except for a few small scratches on the socket assembly that I
could dress out with no problem. Do not pull on brake as this just noses the
aircraft over enough to hit the prop tips...ouch!
At least with the Rotax if there is no runout problem on the prop flange you
can just bolt up a new set of blades and go again...not sure what airmaster
advises though.
Talk to ya soon!
kp