Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening
From: Richard Collings <r.collings@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:04:15
Hi, Have you tried adapting a sash clamp to press the tube into the
hole. This is how I fitted mine but before mounting the frame in the
fuselage which made the job easer. You would need to cut the sash clamp
bar down to just the right length as the unused length would get in the
way.
Failing that remove the 2 fixing bolts holding the frame onto the
cockpit module and slide a suitable length high tensile bolt though the
tube put  a large plate washer and nut on the end and as you tighten it
up you will draw the tube into the frame.
If you must use a hammer try to position a heavy weight behind what you
are hitting to act as a reaction. Best of luck Richard