Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 72 - Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:50:06

Erich Trombley wrote:

> Rob,
>
> Before hacking off the end of the insert I would try and first remove it using
a slide hammer.  While you won't find a slide hammer at Home Depot they are
readily available at Harbor Freight or an auto body supply house.  With the
appropriate
attachment on the slide hammer the insert should be easily extracted
at which point the primer can be removed and the insert re-installed with wet
primer.  Good luck.

> Erich Trombley
> N28ET Classic Mono 914
Rob
why don't you rig up a press? Length of screwed rod or a long set screw,
a socket of suitable ID over the protruding insert and a nut on the
other end, the tighten the nut and squeeze out the insert.
Graham